EPIC Thought of The Day – The Expressive Presentation Personality
How do you know when you are in the presence of an expressive presentation personality?
How do you know when you’re audience has several of them, especially if you are in a more intense client meeting, if you’re in a board room or you’re sitting in an office and you want to know what kind of presentation personality you are dealing with.
If you see these characteristics…
- Open and friendly, they talk a lot and I mean they really talk a lot.
- Easily excited and they talk about people that they know, could even possibly name drop.
- Don’t focus much on the detail. Much more focused on the story, especially the elaborate elements of the story.
- Don’t listen for a long before they have to say something.
- Have to be involved in the communication.
- Generating an idea is excitement for them.
This is the Expressive Presentation Personality.
So how do you actually communicate with this personality.
How do you communicate with someone who has this much energy bottled up in one body.
Well here is what you do…
The first thing getting them involved in the communication and the you have to focus on the people aspects of things… not the detail aspects of things. That can come later.
This means get them involved in the big picture, see their enthusiasm grab hold of it, they move from buy in to ownership when that happens and they become more expressive.
Take time to talk with them and let them talk and then allow them to express themselves. The more they express themselves the more they will see themselves in this solution you are talking about and forget about trying to be popular yourself.
Make them popular!
When you are communicating and you place that expressive presentation personality smack in the middle of the story… you will see them reach out and embrace you and your message… and that’s your ticket to into becoming and EPIC Presenter.
You can discover more information on becoming an EPIC Presenter by clicking here.